How to configure JW Player to stream FLV or MP4 video
Note: for GravityLab Multimedia customers, this method only applies to our Live Broadcasting packages. Pseudo-streaming is available with all standard on-demand video hosting accounts, and does not require rtmp configuration.
- Download the free JW Player from www.jeroenwijering.com and unzip the file somewhere on your computer
- Open the newly created directory, you should see several files. Upload the following files to your web server, or to your GravityLab home directory.
- Open readme.html in your favorite HTML or text editor.
- Find the code that begins with <div id=”container”> and ends with </script>. This is the section of code you’ll need to edit and then copy and paste into your own page.
- Find this line of code:
s1.addParam(“flashvars”,”file=video.flv&image=preview.jpg”); and replace it with the following (for FLV files):
OR, if you’re streaming mp4, .mov, or .m4v files, replace that line of code with:
- Keep in mind that arecibo.gravlab.com is just one of our servers, and if your files are on a different server, then you will replace arecibo.gravlab.com with servername.gravlab.com. If you need help with this part, contact us and we’ll get you squared away.
- After you’ve copied and pasted that section of code and customized it to point to our servers, you can save it and view it in your web browser.