Solutions Engineers are experienced sales engineering professionals, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of existing and prospective Gravitylab customers. A Solutions Engineer has 5+ years of technical pre-sales experience, is self-directed, capable of leading technical sales activities, managing the customer technical relationship, and assuming subject matter expert responsibilities within Gravitylab.
Our IT / IS position functions as the technical side of our outside sales team, a focused, exciting position that provides unanticipated value and strives to provide the “right” solution to our customers and prospects. Our Solutions Engineer must possess the highest levels of both business and technical acumen – understanding customer business drivers, matching those to Gravitylab’s technologies, and clearly articulating complex solutions to prospective clients.
– Drive revenues by managing the pre-sales technical process and evangelizing Gravitylab technology to potential customers, and to drive new product and service offerings.
– Support existing channels, providing training, updates, and technical guidance, working closely with the Media Services Director.
– Gravitylab Services evangelization and customization.
– Work closely with indirect sales to educate existing and prospective partners about the superiority of Gravitylab’s services – this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
– Work closely with Product Management and R&D to develop future product direction and strategy – providing valuable input from “the field.”
– Oversee the customer proposal process and ensure that all technical information and recommendations addressing customer requirements are properly defined.
– Support and educate Sales, Marketing and other internal departments to ensure that partners get appropriate updates, upgrades and event-oriented solutions.
– Actively developing and mentoring junior staff and interns within the Solutions Engineering and Sales organizations.
– Education: Bachelor’s degree or related technical field or equivalent experience
– Overall experience: 5* – 7 years or equivalent experience.
– Over 5 years of experience in a “customer facing” environment such as sales or technical consulting
– Encoding, transcoding and embedding online video *
– Strong background in Internet Technologies, such as HTTP, DNS, LAMP Servers, some experience with CDNs, and some media streaming (Video / Audio)*.
– Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and management clients.
– Must have experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships.
– A proven track record demonstrating good business judgment, an ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence.
– Must be willing to travel to approximately 10%.
* = Skill set required for candidate consideration
– Technical programming background – LAMP, .js, SOAP, XML
If you’re interested in us, and would like to help change the online landscape please apply.
Gravitylab is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Job Segments: Engineer, Consulting, Field Sales, Cloud, Sales Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Sales0