NoiseTrade Is Hiring: Head of Product / Lead Designer
Head of Product / Lead Designer
Job Location: Nashville, TN / Long distance work possible for the right candidate.
Reporting to: President
Travel: If long distance, travel to Nashville 4-5 times per year.
NoiseTrade is a music marketing, distribution, and tribe-building company, founded in 2008. In February of 2014, the company expanded its already robust platform to feature and serve authors and publishers with the launch of NoiseTrade Books. NoiseTrade and its platforms allow fans and readers to download free music and ebooks directly from content creators in exchange for an email address and postal code. With over 20,000 < strong class=’StrictlyAutoTagBold’>artists and authors giving away content on the site and 400,000 albums downloaded a month, NoiseTrade has a large and loyal audience of 1.3 million and growing.
Candidates for the Head of Product role should have strong experience designing and managing complex UX projects and overseeing revenue-driving initiatives. The Head of Product will report directly to the President of NoiseTrade and will work daily alongside our Lead Developer and others on the development team to continue innovatively build the NoiseTrade platform.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the executive team to develop an innovative product vision across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms.
- Design the interface of the NoiseTrade platform from concept to wireframe to finished Photoshop file to pass on to front-end development. (Strong front-end experience a bonus qualification.)
- Work alongside our development team to execute the product vision.
- Oversee mobile strategy and lead product development of mobile apps and mobile-optimized experiences.
- Assist in developing analytics to systematically measure performance of all aspects of the web experience and conversion funnel.
- Collaborate with all other departments to ensure open communication about future product plans.
Who You Are
- A talented and intuitive interface designer. High competency in Adobe Photoshop a must.
- An effective manager with the desire to cultivate leadership
- Committed to recruiting the best possible product, development and design team as NoiseTrade grows
- Empathetic to the needs of customers (artists, authors, publishers, record labels, music fans, readers)
- Obsessed with beautiful design experiences
- 7+ years experience in ecommerce, mobile, and product design and management
- Strong understanding of web technologies, programming languages and webpage design
- Proven ability to develop and implement a successful social, platform, and ecommerce strategy, preferably in media (music, books, film, or other creative sectors).
- Able to translate analytical data into strategic recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Confident presentation skills.
- Great interpersonal skills
- An avid music fan with a strong understanding of the current landscape of streaming and digital download music platforms.
- Ideally an avid fan of digital publishing with a strong understanding of the ebook marketplace.
- Intensely curious. Entrepreneurial. Hard-working. Self-starter.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
: NoiseTrade Is Hiring: Head of Product / Lead Designer